Frequently Asked Questions
VCU Family Weekend events begin around 10 a.m. Friday, Oct. 4 and wrap up around 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019. Families may arrive at any time. Check-in times are posted on the schedule. Families may have their student check-in on their behalf if they cannot arrive during designated check-in times.
No. You may register as many guests as you would like.
Family Weekend registration may be accessed at https://www.support.vcu.edu/event/fw2019. All families must create an account to access the registration system.
- Step 1 – Create an account.
- Step 2 – Purchase an access pass. Enter guest information and purchase a $5 access pass for each family member attending. VCU students and children 2 and under are free!
- Step 3 – Purchase special event tickets. Add any special event tickets that you wish to purchase for attendees, including.your VCU student. Special events fill up quickly, so purchase tickets early to ensure space is available.
- Step 4 – Finish and check-out! Registration is not complete until payment is submitted.
Once your account is created, you can log back in to add additional family members and pay for ticketed events.
Access passes are $5 for each family member. VCU students and children 2 and under are free. The pass gives you access to the following:
- Entrance to more than 20 events on the Family Weekend schedule
- Access to the Cary Street Gym all weekend
- Discounts at select dining locations and shops in Richmond
- Special discounts at the Barnes and Noble @ VCU Bookstore
- Free parking (in specified lots) for the weekend
- Ability to purchase special event tickets for Family Weekend
Online registration closes on Monday, September 30 so we may prepare your materials for the weekend. After that time, we accept on-site registration at check-in.
All participants wanting to purchase apparel upgrades must be registered by Sunday, September 22 at 11:59 p.m. so that apparel orders can be placed in time to receive them before Family Weekend.
The cost is $5 for every attendee except for VCU students and children 2 or younger. The cost covers an all-access pass to all free Family Weekend events. Registrants can also purchase separate tickets for paid events, so the cost varies based on selected events.
No refunds or exchanges are available for Family Weekend purchases.
Yes. Your student must pay to attend ticketed events with the exception of the soccer games but can attend all free events covered by the all-access pass.
If you have already completed your registration, but would like to add apparel items or tickets, please follow the instructions below:
- Open a new registration form.
- Be sure to only add your contact information in section 1 and your student’s information in Section 2. Unless you are adding any additional guests that were not on your original form, do not enter any guests. This will result in double charges to your account.
- Add any additional apparel bundle upgrades or tickets for events that you would like and complete your billing information in Section 4.
- Review your information carefully before clicking submit at the bottom.
We will merge all of your ticket and registration information before your arrival so will receive all tickets and apparel when you arrive for check-in.
Yes. Check-in for Family Weekend takes place in the Virginia Rooms located on the second floor of the University Student Commons. Your student can check-in on your behalf.
VCU Family Weekend events begin around 10 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 4 and end at 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6. Families may arrive at any time and should consult the schedule to determine when they would like to be on campus. Popular events begin mid-afternoon Friday through Sunday morning. Students may check in on their family's behalf.
Free and paid parking options are available. Paid parking will be available in VCU parking decks and lots. The city offers paid and free street parking. Please adhere to all signage if you plan to park on the street.
There are multiple lodging options in Richmond and surrounding areas, many within walking and driving distance of campus. Area accommodations do fill up quickly, so we encourage you to make your reservations as soon as possible.
Dress comfortably and in layers as temperatures vary throughout each day. October tends to be a bit cooler in Richmond. We highly encourage you to purchase Family Weekend gear and wear it throughout the weekend to show your VCU pride!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the Parent and Family Helpline at (804) 828-7322.